ABOUT IMER Bergen
IMER Bergen, International Migration and Ethnic Relations, is a multidisciplinary research unit at Uni Rokkansenteret and the University of Bergen. The aim of IMER Bergen is to contribute to research-based knowledge about international migration, not least related to European countries, including the consequences of immigration and emigration for societies.
IMER Bergen started as a unit at the University of Bergen in 1996, and has since then been an important contributor, both nationally and internationally, to the IMER research field.
What do we do?
- Facilitate and assist in writing project applications related to IMER thematics.
- Administrative project follow-up
- IMER seminars, a forum for presenting and discussing new research
- Arrange conferences and courses
- Give out a monthly newsletter
- Run migrasjonsforskning.no and norung