Research Group in Middle Eastern and African studies
- 5 March: Anne Bang: "Global Cities"
- 15 April: Henriette Hafsaas, "The Kingdom of Kush - A Centre on the Periphery of the Bronze Age World System in Afro-Eurasia"
The group also co-operates with other centres that have activities within the same topic:
Guest lectures at SMI / Unifob Global:
- 8 April: Annette Haaber Ihle: "Islam, Madrassa and Citizenship in Ghana".
- 21 April: Terence Walz: "Habasha, Sudaniyin, Barabra and Takarna: African Slaves and Freedmen/Women in Cairo as Reflected in the 1848 Census"
- 22 April: Terence Walz: "Egyptian and Sudanese Merchants and Traders in Cairo and Asyut in the mid 19th century"
- 6 March: Randi Håland: "Lokale funn i global kontekst; fra Nildalen og Afrika til Levanten og India"
- 10 April: Inger Marie Okkenhaug and Karina Hestad Skeie: "Misjon som transnasjonal mobilisering, 1860-1960"
- 25 September: Chris Henshilwood: "Origins of human behaviour".
Guest lectures in African archaeology
- 14. March: Bertram Baltasar Mapunda, University of Dar es Salaam: "The Ethnic history of the Fipa of Tanzania".
- 11 April: Azhari Mustafa Sadig Ali, Universiy og Khartoum: "The Rise and fall of the Neolithic in Central Sudan. 2000 Years Gap between Neolithic and Meroe: A Reassessment of Archaeological Theories".