Degrees taken since 1993 -
- Endre Stiansen: 'Overture to
imperialism. European trade and economic change in the Sudan in the
nineteenth century' (1994, History).
- Gunnar Sørbø: 'Micro-macro
issues in rural development : a study of economic adaptions and environmental
problems in Eastern Sudan' (1994, Anthropology).
- Terje Tvedt: 'Norwegian views on
the non-European world in the 1970s and 80s: an example of cross-cultural
representations' * (1994, Development studies).
- Omer Egeimi: 'The political ecology
of subsistence crisis in the Red Sea Hills, Sudan' (1995, Geography).
- Moslih Kanaaneh: 'Left behind:
Palestinians in the Jewish state' (1995, Anthropology)
- Tone Bleie: 'Brides for ruin: grooms
for wealth? Marriage prestations in rural Bangladesh' (1995, Anthropology).
- Eldar Bråten: 'Riddles of
inverted being: A case of self and fellowship formation in Yogyakarta,
Java' (1995, Anthropology).
- Kirsten Alsaker Kjerland: '"Cattle
breed, shillings don't": the belated incorporation of the abaKuria
into modern Kenya' (1996, History).
- Zahra Kamalkhani: 'Women's Islam:
religious practice among women in today's Iran' (1996, Anthropology).
- Albrecht Hofheinz: 'Internalising
Islam: Shaykh Muhammad Majdhub, scriptural Islam and local context
in early nineteenth-century Sudan' (1996, History).
- Frode Fadnes Jacobsen: 'A medical-anthropological
study of children's health in the Red Sea Hills, Sudan' (1997, Anthropology).
- A. Asaduzzaman: 'Urban sweepers
in Bangladesh: caste and community, religion and dignity' (1997, Anthropology).
- Kjell Hødnebø: 'Cattle,
corn and crisis: agrarian and ecologial change in South Sudan' (1998,
- Ahmed Ibrahim Abu Shouk: 'Dar Bidayriyya
Nazirate of Northern Kordofan: traditional leadership in a society
in transformation' (1998, History)
- Mark Sedgwick:'The heirs of Ahmad
ibn Idris: The spread and normalization of a Sufi order, 1799-1996'
- Vibeke Vågenes:'Women of
the interior, Men of the exterior. The gender order of Hadendowa nomads,
Red Sea Hills, Sudan' (1999, Geography).
- Inger Marie Okkenhaug: '"The
quality of heroic living of high endeavour and adventure": Anglican
Mission, women and education in Palestine, 1888-1948' (1999, History).
- Marit Tjomsland: 'This, but also
the other: Expressions of the Islamic Trend in Tunisia' (2000, Sociology).
- Else J. Kleppe: 'Material and verbal
manifestations of socio-cultural institutions in an African kingship:
The Shilluk of southern Sudan' (2000, Archaeology).
- Anne K. Bang: 'Sufis and scholars
of the sea: The Sufi and family networks of Ahmad ibn Sumayt and the
tariqa 'Alawiya in East Africa, c. 1860-1925' (2000, History).
- Vemund Aarbakke: 'The Muslim Minority
of Greek Thrace' (2001, History).
- Ståle Knudsen: 'Entangled
Knowledges of the Black Sea. Confrontation and Convergence between
Turkish Fishermen and Marine Scientists' (2001, Anthropology).
- Are Knudsen: 'Boundaries of Belongingness
in the Palas Valley, Pakistan' (2001, Anthropology).
- Arne Haugen: 'The Establishment
of National Republics in Soviet Central Asia' (2002, History)
- Sevil Sümer: 'Global Issues
/ Local Troubles: A Comparative Study of Turkish and Norwegian Urban
Dual-Earner Couples' (2002, Sociology)
- Munzoul Abdalla Assal: 'Beyond labelling
: Somalis and Sudanese in Norway and the challenge of homemaking'
- Lars Gule: "Social development and
political progress in two traditions : a conceptual and comparative
analysis of Western and Arab-Islamic ideas of social and political
change and improvement" (2003, Philosophy)
- Kristin Kanzari: 'Perspectives from Islam and science on gender and knowledge' (2003, Philosophy)
- Nefissa Naguib, 'Knowing Water: Palestinian women between the spring and the faucet' (2003, Anthropology)
- Kari G. Telle: 'Place, hearth and ritual: Contested practices in a Muslim community in Central Lombok' (2003, Anthropology)
- Nils Anfinset: 'Secondary products, pastoral nomads and the introduction of metal: The 5th and 4th millennia BC in the Southern Levant and Northeast Africa' (2005, Archaeology)
- Christine M. Jacobsen: 'Staying on the straight path. Religious identities and practices among young Muslims in Norway' (2006, Anthropology).
- Eivind Seland: 'Indian Ocean in Antiquity: Trade and the emerging state' (2006, History).
- Margrete Søvik: 'The social benefit of domesticated religion. Islamic instruction in German public schools, 1979-2001' (2006, History).
- Gerd Marie Ådna: '"O son of the two sacrifices" : Muhammad and the formation of sacrifice in early Islam' (2007, History of Religions)